Monday, November 7, 2011

What's In a Name?

So I was sitting in my Art and Architecture class on Monday of this past week, as my professor was listing off some of the important artists from the Renaissance: Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael and Donatallo. I found it amusing that I accidentally named my little stuffed turtle after a famous artist who was revered by Michelangelo. Then she jokingly made a reference to the Mutant Ninja Turtles being named after all of these artists. My jaw dropped. When I had never watched the Mutant Ninja Turtles before and had no idea that I had named my stuffed turtle after a ninja turtle. Everyone got the biggest laugh over my ignorance of such iconic turtles. LOL! I thought it was pretty funny though, the irony of it all! Congrats to Donatello for having such famous roots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment