Thursday, October 13, 2011

Living in Rome

Now that I have been in the Eternal City for more than a month, being a part of the culture here seems very natural. (Never thought I'd say that) Taking the metro into Rome for a study break or to help at the Soup Kitchen run by a convent of nuns near St. Peter's Basilica seems so normal. And being able to spend the afternoon at a cafe in the square in front of the Pope's summer residence is a typical way to spend any free time.

Navigating around is also not such a problem anymore. I remember the first time I took the metro, I was convinced nothing had ever seemed scarier. Now its a walk in the park :) But I think the biggest factor to leaving in Rome is knowing what is normal for the city itself. There is a grace that Rome has preserved that excites and inspires while remembering that it is the Eternal City. Its so amazing!

A few weeks ago we were in the city for an Art and Arch on-site lecture at the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Over our lunch break we were able to go off on our own. That was when I realized how much I love Rome.

Well I would love to write more...but I have two papers to write and a midterm to study for tomorrow :)

Enjoy the pictures!!












No comments:

Post a Comment