Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cinque Terre: A Trip to Wow Anyone!

For my first long weekend trip, myself along with six friends traveled to Cinque Terre, a beautiful series of of fishing villages along the western coast of Italy. It was gorgeous!
We started at the top village of Monterossa and hiked down: swimming, eating gelato, sleeping and drinking cappuccino. I cannot explain how beautiful it was!
Our hike was pretty good exercise and those gelatos were well-deserved!

After all that exhausting exercise, we found a small rental apartment and crashed for the night! I don't know that last time I slept that soundly and I am pretty sure I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in.

The next day we again started with cappuccinos and set off to walk around before we took the train to the next town in the Cinque Terre area. Throughout all of this, we were confronted with the most breath-taking landscape I've ever seen. It made me understand why Cinque Terre has become such a tourist trap.

Either way, that weekend was amazing and enjoy the pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment